Sunday, May 31, 2009

Our Personality Colors Our Attitude!!!

Our attitude colors our whole personality! What a lesson God taught me yesterday at the ball park.

We were in Manhatten, KS all weekend. Our high school boys baseball team won regionals last week which qualified us for the state tournament! My husband Bryan is the assistant coach, and Sawyer, our Fresh. plays for them

We won our first game Friday! We played Sat. afternoon, and lost 12 to 2. Very embarrassing. One of those games where whatever you do, nothing goes right! During that game, I kept noticing the fans for the other team.

Thay were very loud, laughing and really rubbing it in when our boys messed up. I kept thinking they are adults, and they are awful!


Oh Father God, forgive me if I've been the negative fan. I don't want to be that person negative to other fans or the players.

Game #3, we won in extra innings! DC Baseball earned 3rd Place at State!!!!

LESSON #1 After the game, right in the middle of the excitement, the starting pitcher's mom, for the other team, came up to me after the game, hugged me and said what a good game our boys played, and what good sports they were.

Wow, Central Heights Vikings, you have CLASS!!! You taught me a very needed lesson; I know when I have been on the losing end, I have not been the fan that makes a point to congratulate the winning team, and truly mean it.

After that loss, we turned around and had to play the very next game. Our boys decided they did not want their season to end with a loss. Somehow, they got it together, and with extra innings, we came out on top 6 to 5!

LESSON #2 During the game, I did notice the other teams crowd, (i don't usually notice, not sure why i did this weekend) we were up 4 to 0, and their crown continued to yell and cheer and be positive. Even though things weren't going well for them.

Proverbs 15:15 says, For the poor, every day brings trouble; for the happy heart, life is a continual feast.

We cannot always choose what happens to us, but....we can choose our attitude toward each situation. The secret to a happy heart is filling our mind with thoughts that are true, pure, and lovely, with thoughts that dwell on the good things in life. This was Paul's secret as he faced imprisonment, and it can be ours as we face the struggles of daily living.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Please help me to remember to look at my attitude and what I choose to dwell on. I pray I can dwell on those things that are pure. I pray Lord, that my attitude will be the same as yours Father God. Help me to see things the way your eyes see them and hear the way you hear. I ask these things in not just the easy times, but in my struggles.

Phil. 2:5, Your attitude should be the same that Christ Jesus had.
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment