Monday, May 4, 2009

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

Wow, sometimes I have to say this verse outloud to myself in order for me to remember that our Heavenly Father's ways may not be the same as mine! He can see much further down the road than we can.

I pray for both of our kids daily. But, lately, I have been thinking so much about Sawyer's future. Even though he is only 15, I often worry about what he will do after high school.

Sawyer has dsylexia and school has always been hard for him. He has to work twice as hard as most students, and still "just gets barely by".

In my mind, I have said, "God, it's not fair". My plan for him when he was born was for him to make good grades in school, go to college, and get a good job.

Well, college probably isn't in his future. Forever, I have prayed to God, make him better, please make school and learning easier for him. I have asked God Why he made Sawyer this way over and over.

I guess I have been in kind of a panic lately as I think about what he will do after high school. I have been praying for God to give me peace over this. As I was reading my Bible, the verse in Isaiah came to me. Then I went to read Jer. 29:11, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

So, again, God is telling me he has a plan for Sawyer, in fact, he had that plan for him even before he was born!

Sawyer has a good friend who is kind of homeless, he and his mom live with another family. This friend is not treated very well where he lives, and has very little. His birthday was last week. Sawyer came home and wanted to take money out of his own savings account to give to his friend for his birthday.

Ok, God, I think I finally get it! I would so much rather have a son with the compassion for others much more than straight A's! I know God will provide Sawyer.

Dear Heavenly Father,
I surrender Sawyer to you completely. Help me to trust your plan, and have faith, even though I do not know how his story will turn out. Thank you for entrusting him to his dad and I. Thank you for giving him such a giving spirit and for his fun sense of humor.

Love,
natalie Natalie

3 comments:

  1. So good to hear from you again - I have checked in several times since your last post when I first found your blog. God, indeed, has great plans for Sawyer...just as He does for each of us. Your plan for Sawyer for a good one - only imagine how much better His plan must be. Its wonderful to get that peace with the surrender. Great post - thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be someone down the road in Sawyer's life that he will need to reach out to....and he will be able to connect with them because of the things he dealt with in his childhood. You never know....he may be the only one who can reach that person...or those tens of thousands of people!! God does have a plan for his good...it just stinks that God doesn't reveal His plans to us now!! It's hard to be patient.

    Love ya lady...hang in there!!
    Lib

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Natalie! It is so wonderful to see a picture of your precious Malorie and know that she is with Nick!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!! I can't even begin to imagine the fun they are having!!!!!

    Have a wonderful week!

    I'll be back!

    LOVE,
    TAMMY

    ReplyDelete