Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sissy's Song

NatalieI heard a new song on the radio the other day titled Sissy's Song by Alan Jackson. As I listened, the song talks about a little girl who had to leave too soon but she is telling her family "don't worry about me, I'm ok, up here walking with Jesus." She sings about how she just flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels.

After missing Malorie for 5 years, I've been thinking lots about her and if she were here how we would be visiting different colleges and making plans for her future. Gosh, sometimes it's hard to see how different our plans are from our Father's Plans for us. I've just been missing Malorie so much lately, and.....so very homesick I guess.

As I listened to Sissy's Song, thinking about how we used to call our Malorie Sissy, I know God let me hear it, at just the perfect time he new I really needed to.


She flew up to Heaven on the wings of Angels,

Don't worry bout me,

I'm doin alright,

Thank you Father, for the joy I have in the memories of Malorie, for letting me smile as I think of her, and for giving me a hope and a future and of spending eternity with you one day.

1 comment:

  1. I just love the way you cling to God Natalie. You are a blessing and encouragement. God bless!!

    ReplyDelete