Saturday, March 28, 2009

Prayer Lives are Powerful Lives

Part of our relationship with God is to experience his peace.





Phil. 4:6-7 says "Do not be anxious about anyting, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,presentyour requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ.



Many times I find myself in a difficult situation, I am upset, angry, or something, and I am ashamed to say but at times what do I do in those situations, pick up the phone to call my sister, mom, daughter, or friend for advice.



This week, I am praying that when those situations arise, my first thought will be on my knees. As the verse says, in everything, be in prayer, present my requests to Him. And, His peace will guard my heart and mind in Christ.



Beth Moore states that to experience the kind of peace that covers all circumstances, the Bible challenges us to develop active, authentic prayer lives. Prayer with real substance to it- personal and intimate.





The better we know God, the more we trust Him.



The more we trust Him, the more we sense His peace when the wintry winds blow against us.



Dear Father,

Help me to walk wisely, to walk in step with you. I want a personal and intimate relationship with you. I put you first today, and trust you Father.



I lift Ashleigh up in prayer to you, I give her to you. I know you have big plans for her God. Help her to hear you, to feel you, and God, whatever you have to do, I trust you to make those situations happen in her life to get her attention. PLease keep her safe until she comes back to you.



By your grace,

natalie









Natalie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Natalie...
    I found your blog as I was blog hopping tonight. I enjoyed reading. I don't know much about the reason for your sweet prayer for your daughter... but I pray the same one often for my daughter.

    I long for the peace of God too. He is so gracious to give it to us when we seek Him.

    Blessings,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again... I just wanted to say that I went back and read all your post... Bless your sweet heart. I wish I could just wrap my arms around you and give you a hug! God is so good. I am glad that He let me find your blog tonight.

    I jumped over from Libby's blog. And... I must also say that I am a Beth Moore junkie. I can't get enough of her studies. God uses her tremendously in my life!

    Blessings,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete