Tuesday, March 10, 2009

He will satisfy that void.....

Oh my! I posted last nite, where did it go? Thought I had this blog-stuff figured out!!!
I am so thankful, one of my students I work with moved last week to a new school. Im notthakful she moved, thankful she is in a better place! Amanda had been in a very abusive home. 2 weeks ago she told me she would be moving to live with her dad. While I hate to let her go, her home now is so bad, I just prayed for her to end up in a better place. She does not know her dad very well. I spoke with her new stepmom today and they are thrilled to have her! They let her buy new things to decorate her room and she is getting her hair done this afternoon. (mom shaved it due to headlice) Amanda will begin her new school tomorrow. Please Lord, give her a caring, compassionate teacher.

I am reading a new book, Breaking Free, by Beth Moore. I love her books and always learn lots from her! She talks about how God wants us to find our satisfaction in Him rather than waste our time and effort on things that cannot satisfy.

Is. 55:6 tells us that "Those who are spiritually thirsty and hungry need only do do this; "Seek the Lord while he may be found;/ call on him while he is near."

Moore also says that she believes that God creates in us a nagging dissatisfaction in every person. He doesn't want anyone to perish. He wants everyone to repent. God purposely created us with a need that only He can meet.

While salvation will save us, we are not completely satisfied unless we have a daily relationship with Christ.

Isa. 55:1 - Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.

Dear Father,
My prayer to you today is that I will experience a relationship with you daily. Lord, help me to see you, to feel you, and help me to hear your voice God. Help me to be a blessing to others God.

Lord, please be with Ash, keep her safe, and God, help her to see you thru me. I ask that you begin to change her heart's desires so that she will want you for herself.

Bless Sawyer as he begins baseball and keep him safe.

Help Bryan to minister to all the boys he is coaching. Thank you God for giving me such a wonderful husband!

In your name, AmenNatalie

No comments:

Post a Comment