Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy Sweet 16 Sawyer. My baby is 16 today!!! It's hard to believe, we have gone thru so much with Sawyer. He was very sick when he was born and almost did not make it, has dyslexia which makes learning so difficult for him, and he has ADHD, which makes it difficult for ALL of us to keep up with him!

When we first learned of Sawyer's learning disability, our questions went from why our son God, what did we do wrong, and now we often ask, where do we go from here God?

My life verse, Jer. 29:11, "For I know the thoughts that Ithink toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

With Sawyer being a Sophmore, I often wonder where God will take him after high school. I know our Heavenly Father has a plan for Sawyer, and if you know Sawyer, it has got to be big, he never does anything halfway. So, another lesson we are learning is patience. In time, God will show us His plan for Sawyer.

Sawyer, as you turn 16 today, at exactly 12:37, my prayer for you is,

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that Sawyer will give everything he attempts his best, that he will place your name on whatever he does, and that he will give you all the glory. Dear Father, I pray that Sawyer will see things as you do and be attracted to what pleases and glorifies you, and that he will stay away from things that displease you. Thank you Father for the gift of Sawyer and for everyday you give us with him.

In Your Heavenly Name I Pray,
AMENNatalie

1 comment:

  1. natalie,

    thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. happy birthday to your sawyer! i pray that this will be a wonderful year for all of you. how great that you are confident that it is GOD who knows the plans for each of us.

    ReplyDelete